BioCamp Tokyo, Feb. 10th - 18th 2018

Hoi zäme,

I would like to invite you to apply for the BioCamp 2018 in Tokyo. The idea is to bring together a range of people interested in Art & Bio together for a 8-days workshop in Tokyo. The general theme is Gardens as ‘Biotechnik’, the exact content of the workshop is not strictly defined yet - we do hope to shape this together with the participants.

The workshop will be hosted by Chiaki Ishizuka (BioClub), Andreas Siagian (LifePatch) and Georg Tremmel (BCL, BioClub).

BioCamp Tokyo 2018 - Gardens as 'Biotechnik’
Feb. 10th - Feb. 18th 2018

Total: about 20 participants
8 from ASEAN countries (fully-funded)
12 Rest-of-the-World

Participation Cost: Free

More information:

Application Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2017

1. Filled out Application Form (http://jfac.jp/assets/uploads/sites/3/2017/10/Applicationform.doc)
  2. CV
  3. Portfolio
  4. Send everything to camp@meca.tokyo by Nov. 10th

If there are any questions, contact camp@meca.tokyo - or get it touch with me directly.

All the best & see you in Tokyo,
Georg

Q: I am not from an ASEAN country… Can you pay my travel?
A: No, sorry, we can’t. But we can work with your local Embassy/Cultural Institute to try and get some travel funding for you.

Q: Do I have to be there for the whole 8 days?
A: Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to the whole workshop.

Q: I am not an artist/designer/creative person. Can I still apply?
We are looking for a variety of people who are interested in all aspects of Biology & Culture. If you are not sure, please apply. Just in case.

Q: I’d like to visit other Bio-spaces before or after the workshop in Japan. Can you help make connections?
We are working on that. Stay tuned.

Aaah so nice to see this happening!

Good old times in Japan last February with all the Lifepatch crew

Sadly, me and @gaudi, will be busy on a new winterschool around DIY methods for medtech we are starting in Luzern, at exactly the same dates.

I hope you find some great participants.
m

Hi Georg did you find the question i was asking yesterday? (I cant find it
though)