I’m Rolf, founder of Projekt Draussen (www.projekt-draussen.com) a maker-, coworking-, retreat- and event space near Munich (Germany) - in the middle of the woods.
I think it’s sad, if people do not satisfy their curiosity, do not realize their ideas, and do not follow their passions - even if they’re temporary ones. And I believe, that we can learn and “make” everything without the necessity of a particular degree, if we do it together, as a community. That is the reason I want to support the maker movement, biohacking and citizen science - everything that encourages you to get curious, interdisciplinary & creative.
Before I founded Projekt Draussen, I did research on flow experience, the state of mind when you are totally focused on a fluent activity, like when conducting creative activities, learning, sports or - fill in your personal flow activity. And I am a passionate film maker / photographer, far too infrequently exercised though.
Thinking about what I can do at Klöntal, I had a spontaneous idea:
I’d like to do a small documentary on the biohacking retreat. So I’ll bring a DSLR and an external sound recorder and if you like, you can support me by giving a short interview! We can talk about you and your projects, you and your spaces, about biohacking, making, art & science and whatever you want to talk about. You can also support me by giving me hints, when there’s interesting action somwhere throughout the retreat that definitely needs to be filmed.
I am also interested in:
- Finding out more about psychophysiological measurement methods. I want to build a brainwave reading EEG device to measure flow.
- DIY laboratory equipment, since we want to build a small diy bio laboratory at projekt draussen.
- Biological light sensitive materials to produce a biological camera.
- Making biological processes visible & hearable.
- All kind of machines that produce images.
- Fermentation and distillation of schnaps. I bring my own (very tiny) copper distiller. If somebody is interested (and has got some alcoholic liquid), we can try to make schnaps.
See you at Klöntal.