I‘m Julian – nomadic researcher/ex-academic/eternal student/informal teacher/etc. - currently mainly interested in fungi, microbes and phages. One of my projects - still at a very early stage - will focus on creative learning environments and public participation in science with emphasis on the invisible world (https://mikrobiomik.org/en).
Just came back from kayaking through eastern europe and didn’t prepare anything… but I’ll bring some stuff to play around and am sooo much looking forward to meeting all of you in the mountains.
What I’ll bring:
- some starter cultures (sourdough, kombucha, whatever I can find)
- a wonderful old-school zeiss-microscope
- some electronics (for incubator etc.)
- agar, media, … whatever I can find
What I could bring, but hope is already there:
- petri dishes
- bunsen burner
- some chemicals
- arduinos, sensors, …
- refractometer and other fermentation stuff
(please comment what I should bring!!)
What I really need:
- immersion oil (can’t find mine)
- a culture of sharing (also microbes)
- good conversations (kayaking was soo lonely)
- dry red wine!!
see you soon Julian