HiSeq2000 - Next Level Hacking

First of all, thanks for documenting what you have done. It’s a fantastic resource. I’m interested in re-purposing the microscope from a HiSeq2500 and was wondering if you have made available the control software mentioned here:

With many of the commands known it is possible to use the HiSeq2000 as a transmission or fluorescent scanning microscope. We developed a simple control software based on PureData to send commands to the HiSeq control hardware and get images from the scanning microscope. To view, set-up and read the scanner cameras we used HCImage software and TDIScan tool both available for free from Hamamatsu.

I have found a couple of engineering students to work on it over the (Australian) summer holidays and if they could use what you have already done as a starting point that would be awesome. Details of your illumination for transmission imaging would also be good if you have anything you can put up. My goal was to see if they could get it integrated into https://micro-manager.org/ which would make it accessible to the microscope community more generally. Any thoughts you might have on what problems we may encounter would be much appreciated.

John