AfricaOSH2020 - Focus on DIYBio & Sustainability

Africa OSH Summit 2020 will be held in Yaounde, Cameroon, from 14 to 16 May 2020, under the theme ‘Growing the Do-It-Yourself & Do-It-Together (DIY/DIT) Culture for Community Transformation’ . It will be hosted by Mboa Lab.

Apply here
Hope to see you and Please Share in your different networks* @dusjagr @gaudi

The summit will host workshops, discussions and conferences on making, hacking and DIYBio for a wide range of stakeholders to engage with the processes of design, co-creation, problem solving. Additionally participants will be engaged on how the open science & hardware movement can contribute to sustainable change in Africa. Ultimately we aim to achieve an ecosystem for innovation that is locally adapted, culturally relevant, technologically feasible, economically viable, and environmentally sustainable

APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS. We will close applications by 15 February , and finalize participant selection in early March. To apply, please fill the form below or visit bit.ly/AfricaOSH2020.

2 Likes

@gaudi and @dusjagr Michel Pauli and I are planning to build the “Mur vibrant” (vibrant wall?) he saw during the workshop with you in Switzerland. We are planning also to have small devices like MiniPocket PCR during the event. I will be in Vienna from 02 -06 february and I will visit Gunter from Pavillon_35. Perhaps I can receive some device from Vienna and bring them back.

2 Likes

Hi @thomasmboa . Michel told me about it and I am happy to hear you want to present PocketPCR to your community. I will make sure you get a device in Vienna - maybe we can even meet somehow.

1 Like

@gaudi, yes If we can meet it will be great…Even if I don’t know how far is your Vienna to your place.

Yeah!! this time I really hope that i can make it!
Thinking about a specific topic to present/demonestrate/workshopping… @thomasmboa, should we have a call?

2 Likes

Hourrrrrrrah…so glad to hear that @dusjagr. Sure we can have a call. Just Let me know when you are available.

1 Like

What a great talk by @thomasmboa. he really get’s to the heart of the challenges of citizen science and it’s imperialistic approach. I would love to share some of your recent articiles here aswell to discuss with the global hackteria community, and use as future reference. (yes, feel free to also post articles in French)

Especially the point that a lot of grassroots citizen science has been in the end “judged” by those “experts” again, totally is in my line of critique. But how to “open” the interesest of ivory tower squatters to the real world?

3 Likes

This is awesome! Participation can be virtual too? If you and Marc haven’t had your call yet, can I crash that?

Thank you very much for sharing @dusjagr