[URGENT UPCOMING REGISTRATION DEADLINE] any humus sapiens members interested to showcase their project at european section of mit biosummit?

[URGENT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED OR KNOW OTHERS THAT MAY BE YOU NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE MIT-RELATED BIOSUMMIT AT WWW.BIOSUMMIT.ORG BY 6 AM TOMORROW CET (IE, 31.10.2021 23.59 BOSTON TIME) OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE SPEAKERS’ LIST AND IN THE PROCEEDINGS = PUBLICATION]

I am Vittorio Milone, I hold a PhD on diy bio/science and I am trying to organise a diy bio europe related event within the biosummit itself. Sorry for the very short notice, but I was not aware that the organisers would have put a strict rule on the deadline of the 31st of October in order to register for the event and be included in the proceedings/speakers’ list.

In short, the event on diy bio / science europe should take place on November 20th (Saturday) at 12 CET, it should last about 2 hours and depending on the participants it could be divided into different sessions such as, for example:

1. historical perspective on diy bio / science in europe with panel discussion

2. merits and limitations (funding, legislation, infrastructures, public policies) of diy bio / science in europe with discussion / panel after presentation of successful and / or failure stories

3. showcase of interesting projects and/or socio-politically relevant projects (including bio art) with panel discussion

4. others/miscellaneous, ie we are open to alternative proposals that are not covered by these 3 topics / tracks

RSVP
Vittorio Milone (cell. +39 3391376334)

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted this and the title is somewhat misleading: just some clarifications below

We welcome hackteria members and/or open soil members not only to showcase the “state of the art” of their project, but also to take part in the other sessions/discussions on diy biology/science(s) or whatever you want to call these practices (we can discuss this as well)

Registration for speakers/proceedings should still be possible. Again, we welcome contributions from all hackteria members and/or suggestions about people to involve, especially from open soil members, by which I saw a very interesting presentation at CCC back in 2019 :slight_smile:

You may also join us in the audience posing questions etc, but registration to the biosummit as a participant will be probably still required to access zoom calls or whatever we will be using (not sure whether there will be also other forms of streaming with possibilty or real-time interaction) and the deadline for registering as a participant (ie, not as a speaker - if interested in being a speaker please do it really asap) should be a few days before the biosummit begins.

To recap, the biosummit will be from 19 to 21 november, and this europe-related event is scheduled on Sat 20th november h12 CET as stated above. @julian @raronoff @mmborch @gaudi @mamaya @thomasmboa @winnieponcelet @XavCC @yar.sumeyye @zoescope

Hi Vittorio, is it still possible to register as an audience member? Don’t see a registration link:(