BioFest 19-22 October in Astros Greece

If you are not busy, consider signing up for the fungal-themed BioFest October 19-22 in Astros Greece! We organize this to celebrate the opening of the new BioFabLab for the Meraki People. You can apply here. Feel free to share. It looks like we’ll have a great mix of workshops and visits to local highlights.

Also, just in case you have lab equipment lying around that you don’t use anymore, consider donating this to Christiana for the Meraki People BioFabLab! She’ll be happy to arrange shipping with you. You’ll find a list of desirables and Christiana’s contact information here.

Hope to see you there,

Christiana Gardikioti, Rachel Aronoff, Günter Seyfried, Jan-Maarten Luursema

1 Like

Dr. Jan-Maarten,
I am interested in the BioFest. Could you please let me know the details. I have a few queries regarding the acceptance. I am looking forward to your respond.
Thank You.

Hello Shazad,
The BioFest is completely volunteer-driven, and participation is free. We’ll have workshops that focus on mycelium as a building material, pollinator health (fungi for bees), and a culinary workshop too (growing and cooking with fungi), amongst other things. We hope to finalize the program this week, I’ll post it here as soon as I can. Please let me know if you have specific questions about the acceptance or otherwise!
Thank you, all the best,
Jan-Maarten

Dr. Jan - Maarten,
I am staying in Indonesia so can I get the acceptance letter from you to join the workshop.
How about the Visa application maybe the acceptance and Invitation Letter to this program will assist me visa application in order to come and join such productive workshops.
Being a student can I get accommodation or any form of support. I will appreciate it and I also want to join this program.
Could you please send me the proposal of this workshops like the workshops, details date and time, activities, outcomes etc so that I can also share it with my University.
Thank You

Dr. Jan - Maarten,
I am staying in Indonesia so can I get the acceptance letter from you to join the workshop.
How about the Visa application maybe the acceptance and Invitation Letter to this program will assist me visa application in order to come and join such productive workshops.
Being a student can I get accommodation or any form of support. I will appreciate it and I also want to join this program.
Could you please send me the proposal of this workshops like the workshops, details date and time, activities, outcomes etc so that I can also share it with my University.
Thank You.

Hello Shazad,

Thank you for your interest! I will be happy to send you an email confirming your acceptance to the BioFest. Before I can do that however, please apply here: Biofest Meraki . As we are organizing an informal, small–scale, and volunteer driven event, we regrettably do not have the resources to support travel or provide extensive documentation.

Hope this helps, all the best,
Jan-Maarten