Increasing the clearance between stage and objective

I’m wanting to put a custom PDMS chip, about 6mm high, into the re-seq (thinking ahead here). In order to vacuum it down and seal it against the gaskets on the stage, add another 1-2mm for a 3D printed adaptor plate. So 7-8mm total height. What’s the current height and travel of the objective with piezo focus? I presume that 7-8 mm device is not gonna fit under the objective. Can anyone comment on how hard it is to move the objective up or the stage down? I’m guessing it has to be the former. I haven’t opened up the optical bench on mine yet.

Ta,

J.

Hi Jhon

I recently removed one of the flow cell holders on the HiSeq and got a lot of room for new adapter like this. The module is relatively easy to remove (some screws and the tube to the water cooling). I started designing a slide holder with bottom light LEDs in Inkscape.

1 Like

Love your work Urs. I was hoping to keep the original in there in order to use all that it has to offer - vacuum fixing, temperature control and fluid connectors. That would require a thin plate with internal holes (or rather, two, made my milling with suitable grooves and then bonded) to pass through the vacuum and fluids. That creates the objective issue though.

Hi Urs, did you end up making anything? Also, were you gonna mill those parts? If so, do you have any recommendations for programs to make the G-code? Inkscape or something else?

Ta,

J.