Jens Hauser - IOTA Institute BioArt Kitchen Hangout on Tuesday, October 27, 2020

SAVE THE DATE! Our next IOTA Institute Bio Art Kitchen Hangout is on Tuesday, October 27th with Jens Hauser.

Who?

IOTA Institute and the INCUBATOR Art Lab present the Bio Art Hangout Kitchen Series; a virtual hangout with an invited bio artist or scientist, who will perform an art/sci protocol, performance or show and tell. Our second Bio Art Kitchen Hangout, “White Cube, Black Box, Greenhouse,” features curator and scholar Jens Hauser as he tunes in from Paris, France.

What?

We are thrilled to announce the IOTA Institute Bio Art Hangout’s BioArt Kitchen series, co-presented with the Incubator Lab. A 60 minute Zoom Hangout. This series focuses on knowledge-sharing and engaging bio art enthusiasts with bio art actions you can do in your own homes.

When?

Halifax (ADT / GMT-3): Tues Oct 27th, 12:00pm

Paris (CEST / GMT+2): Tues Oct 27th, 17:00pm

New York (EDT / GMT -4): Tues Oct 27th, 11:00am

Los Angeles (PDT/ GMT-7): : Tues Oct 27th, 8:00am

Where? How?

Please register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9421627133

Homework?

Join us using a virtual background that reflects what greenness means to you. Download a sample greenscreen on IOTA’s social media or provided during the Bio Art Hangout. Do you have a bio art object you want to show and tell the group about during the virtual tour? Bring it and your questions too!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to put my greenscreen zoom background to good use!
In our recent conversation, Jens Hauser shared his first article in a 1990 German newspaper about the concept of greenness which led to 30 years of research on the colour and idea of green, in order to disentangle greenness from aliveness and natureness. As a new user on Hackteria I can’t upload it here but I’ll share it at the hangout for our German-speaking friends. See you there!

1 Like

We’re excited to see yours and everyone’s greenscreen zoom background at our event. Thrilled you will be joining us to discuss, show & tell, and learn all about greenness. See you soon!