Namaste! Who are you and what are your interests?

Hi everyone!

My interest is in the politics of knowledge and on the public dimensions of science and technology. I am enjoying a lot the discussions so far and would like to see and hear more about citizens and citizenship (what do people really mean by this?), collective action and collaborations, experimentally and how engage critically in the making of futures.

Hej Everyone.

Iā€™m a biological engineer and interaction designer. I co-founded the Copenhagen DIYbio space [Biologigaragen] (http://biologigaragen.org) in 2010. I have collaborated on several art, design, dance and architectural projects. mmborch.dk. I worked as a management consultant, and now Iā€™m setting up a BioFabLab at Roskilde university as an extension to a really amazing Fablab . I am also setting up a new biological co-working space and incubator, called LIV, at the new singularity university hub in Copenhagen,

Right now I am developing a ph.d project with Jens Hauser on Ecosystem Design Principles, in connection to the center for greenes studies (ou)vert at Copenhagen University. I hope to inspire designers and architects to integrate living matter into our everyday life, for a more healthy coexistence with more species. Iā€™m teaching the course Designing with biology / FB-event at the Copenhagen institute of interaction design (CIID) this summer. I hope to balance a bit the ā€œgreenā€ ā€œsustainableā€ ā€œinnovationā€ and ā€œtechnofixā€ narratives of the startup and science (DIYbio) realms. I am also interested in creating an ecosystem of start-ups / companies sharing their knowledge through open R&D, and with new management appoarches (Teal/Holacracy) bring all the fantastic ideas from this scene out into the world, with respect for the community.

If you want to collaborate with BioFabLab RUC / LIV in CPH or have ideas for events the next year do let me know. I have a bit of funding to make this happen.

(+45 61713656) / mmborch @ gmail.com

Hello,
I am Elisa Radosta, working at the Bioscope in Geneva. We have a session at 11:30 on feedback from the public. Initially we wrote citizen science but i would also love to talk to DIY / DIWO / Hack -ers to know how you reach to the general public and if you follow their involvement in any kind of way.
looking forward to us to discussing and comparing ideas or strategies, success and failures.

Sent using OWA for iPhone

It sounds interesting, I really want to participateā€¦but I am also involved at the Opensex Hackaton

Hey everyone,

I am a sociologist/cultural anthropologist from Hamburg, Germany, and currently working on my PhD thesis at Leuphana University LĆ¼neburg (which sounds like a fancy private or corporate university, but is actually only a weird invented name for rebranding a state university - neoliberalization at its best).

I already talked to a bunch of people about my research but wanted to share some details here since there are a lot more social scientists around.

DIYBio is one of many fields in which - I think - new relationships of the merging of men and machine, new materialities and environmental media can be analyzed as being part of a bigger epistemological change in our contemporary society. I try to tackle this by reading a bunch of philosophy and am especially interested in cybernetic control phantasms, the history of counter and/or hacking culture, history of biology and biopolitics. Where does the growing interest come from and what is problematized? What can the ā€œBioā€ in Biohacking be(come) and what does this mean for the bio in biopolitics?

Be warned: I will try to hunt some of you down for some skype interviews in the next weeks!

Best, Laura

-. .-. .-. .-. .-. .-. .
\ \ / \ \ / \ \ /
/ \ \ / \ \ / \ \

Hi all! I am IvƔn L. From OpenLabMadrid: I will arrive at the event this Friday afternoon. I have a lot of interest and synergies that would like to share with you. About me you can check this info but always its better to know people in person. It will be a pleasure to know all of you and your phylosopy and preferences! :smile:
-. .-. .-. .-. .-. .-. .
\ \ / \ \ / \ \ /
/ \ \ / \ \ / \ \

Hi all,
Iā€™m Winnie from ReaGent, a biolab based in Ghent (BE). I arrived on Wednesday and was sad to have to leave already on Thursday evening.

Former adventures as an industrial process designer, insect breeder at diy to industrial scale, horror short movie producer, immersive horror event producer, poker player, entrepreneur, educator, science communicator, biomaterials researcher and in arts & fablab scene.

Iā€™m now interested in hacking scientific research, education and ways for communities to sustain themselves. Glad to offer any help I can or set up collaborations around these topics. Finally, I have a soft spot for stories and am always happy to hear them firsthand.

See you around!

A kind of late a bit, but being encouraged to introduce myself on the forum, will try doing it briefly. I am Mindaugas Gapsevicius aka miga, an artist, currently focusing on life issues and posthumanism. At Media Environments chair, Bauhaus University Weimar, where I teach, we have, among other labs, a diy biolab, so students have a good chance to do practical things around bio. More info at https://www.uni-weimar.de/gmu. In Berlin, we work around interdisciplinary art and (still) setting up a biolab. More into at http://www.top-ev.de/top/lab/. Last, but not least, we have got a small budget to build a DIYbio network around Scandinavian/Baltic countries. At some point it should help strengthening this super kool community. More info on the project at http://www.howto-things.com/index.php?title=Press_Release