Open fungi tech crowdfunding

Open technologies for the identification of local fungi for decentralized biofabrication
The use of open technologies allows community laboratories to perform processes at a low cost. Being able to create an ecosystem of technologies for DNA extraction in extreme territories enables access to local strains, not yet studied, to understand their potential in the field of biofabrication. The goal is to establish the first open strain collection of local fungal strains. Help us connect with people who might be interested in this crowdfunding campaign to help us reach our goal!

1 Like

thanks Jose, i will share in the networks and spread.
amazing project will definetly support this!
It would be amazing to hear more about the plans also with what open source hardware you will work with, super exciting to hear you go to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. What is the reason to go precicely there?
warm regards,
Maya

1 Like

Amazing project, I Will love to follow the process relates with the indentification open hardware you are going to use. Warm and best regards.

1 Like

Hi Maya!!! Thanks for backing up the project! And also thanks for helping us sharing it! We need all the help we can have.
We work in collaboration with WCS WCS Chile, we’ve been going there for fungi hunting for a while in colab also with Fungi Foundation so we know there are incredible spots there. In Karukinka we have access to ancient forests, so its a very god spot to find an incredible biodiversity of wood degrading fungi.
Here you can find the open hardware that we plan on using.
warm regards from the south of Chile!
Jose

Hi Paula!
You can find the open hardware in the lab notes of the project or in the reply to maya (I don’t know why it doesn’t allow me to paste it again, I’m new to this forum :confused: )
You can also follow our IG @somoslabva
warm regards! and thanks for the interest!

1 Like