[Next European community bio online meeting on May 12] CALL FOR IDEAS

Hi again, on May 12 at 7pm CET we should have our next European community bio meeting: in the last meeting we agreed on deciding the topic for the next meeting online, but as far as I know, no proposals were advanced.

Thus, I want to recap some of the hypotheses that were mentioned:

• explore the possibility of a regional European biosummit, or something similar: we are discussing in the biosummit meta-leads and governance meetings also the possibility and the feasibility of financial support for these meetings of regional nodes from the biosummit-related organizations themselves

• a meeting on the current scenarios for funding, sponsors etc

• another meeting with some presentations around a specific topic: for example, if the topic were environmental monitoring or bioremediation, I might share something about my project on detecting mutagens and if I recall correctly marc dusseiler said that we might also have something about their open soil research effort etc

Any thoughts or other ideas?

As far as I have seen It’s only on Zoom for online meeting. Right?

Will there be any other meeting happening soon?

Hi all, for those interested: upcoming “Global Community Bio Summit event” (the Bio Summit itself is scheduled on Jan 27-29 this year as an online event, perhaps with some local/regional “gatherings” happening at the same time)

EVENT

Title: Building Community Bio Momentum
Subheadline: Ways to ask for help, build momentum, and start mutual aid networks
Date: November 19th, 8amPST/11amEST/1600GMT 90 min
Event Registration: https://forms.gle/3yKW3KUBdzLEUfgG6

Join us for an event that will help you build momentum for your community labs and projects.

Have you had problems during the past 2+ years of the pandemic, building momentum on community bio projects? We are hosting this 90 minute session to give some tips and tricks as well as helping folks get started. We are also discussing the way we can build momentum and governance structures for our larger community - Bio Summit and beyond!