CCC call for participation #34C3

…opened a few days ago:
https://events.ccc.de/2017/09/19/34c3-call-for-participation-and-submission-guidelines/
deadline October 15th

The science talks call for this year:

The rapid development of science and technology is steadily changing our view of the world. But that doesn’t only mean that we’re profiting from new technology as a byproduct. We are also increasingly trying to understand the complex relationship between nature and society, in order to comprehend how our actions parameterize this whole system. We see science as a method of reverse engineering the world API and are interested in the newest diffs. No matter whether research centres, universities, or garage-driven science: If you explore and evaluate interesting and important developments from a scientific standpoint, then send us your submissions!

This year we’re especially interested in submissions regarding the phenomenon of climate change in its whole width and complexity. We are interested in everything from sociocultural effects to frost-resistant measurement technology, from the past to the near future, from the depth of the oceans up to the atmosphere. What are the actual effects of the technical and societal systems we have built? What will be the next Dieselgate, and which active approaches towards solving the problems are there?

It would be so amazing to see more diy science talks. You can apply with a full hour talk or 30mins. CCC doesn’t really like talks about specific projects, rather they prefer to hear about ongoing research, work, movements, opinions…

About the CCC
It’s a completely independent, self-organised, self-financed event, for 12000 people, around 3000 of which contribute to running the event. Nonetheless, everyone pays their ticket. The one exception is the speakers, who get super VIP treatment with guaranteed entry and a free ticket.

1 Like

i wanted to go anyway and planing to do my own assembly with erfindergarden

1 Like

I plan to go this year (finally). Have looked at previous ones, and seen the foodbase hacking group doing interesting ferments etc.