[Invitation] Brussels - March 05/06 - OFFDEM

Hil Folks,

Here is a track where i would like to meet you.

Biohacking prequel − decentralize and liberate garage biology

When Everett Rogers wrote about biohacking in 1988, he charged us with being Frankenstein in the making.

Also, right after that, misunderstanding and other postures surfed the wave of “Biohackers as potential bio-terrorists”. It is always a myth used, and at the same time the mistrust of science and technology is turning sour; although a critical relationship to them is vital.

"Forgotten Histories of DIYbio, Open, and Citizen Science: Science of the People, by the People, for the People? (Denisa Kerai) did not receive the echo and media coverage equivalent to the platforms of the capitalists, bio-crypto-bros, and eugenicists. So, we are now faced with the erasure of our own history, including the deposition of responsibility for our legacies and what we bequeath.

Biohacking Syndicate” based on the work and writings of Petites Singularities (Pænser Ensemble : le Collectif et le Soin Radical, À propos du syndicalisme
logiciel (Spacecookie) & Un syndicat logiciel, pour qui ? (Natacha) )

This is one of the most important ways to liberate our practices and work collaboratively with decentralisation and distribution on a healthy & ethic basis.

This is why we invite you to this roundtable discussion and meeting.

Just some thoughts from our minds (feel free to add more or remove):

• Open knowledge and open science
  • Garage & underground culture
  • Libre Insuline
  • Seeds and environmental investigation
  • Health, care, diagnostic
  • Critical pedagogy
  • Hospitality

It will be, I’m pretty sure, to come and also connect with:

• Radical & Undocumented Citizen Media
  • The Glass Room Project
    • Exhibition on Misinformation
  • Belgium Human Rights Association
  • And more and so on and so forth.

So,
Ping me here or join us in the forum : OFFDEM - petites singularités

2 Likes

Is there documentation of the talk. (now just realisising it was last years OFFDEM).
The reclone group also got a bit of pushback on bioTer by making it easier to make dNTPs
dNTP discussion in my feed on twitter

Here are the notes

And OFFDEM 2023 notes (note complete)

Thanks @XavCC that’s an excellent resourse/discourse/documentation.