Let us start selling reagents, supplies etc

Hey guys,
I am pretty sure, alot of us would be very happy to be able to easily purchase lab supplies (+ reagents etc.) and do our experiments without this huge hurdle of getting our hands on it.
Imagine how much of an impact this would have on so many levels.
Does anybody know, what it would take to start a business like this? (Also from the legality point of few).
The goal would be to sell affordable kits, reagents and other supplies, much like “The Odin”, but with much more stuff.
I was thinking of starting a go fund me page for this.
Any help/suggestion is much appreciated.

1 Like

how about becoming a Lightning Network dendron using the blockstream bitcoin satellite network? Blockstream Satellite: Bitcoin blockchain broadcasts
I’m currently starting a node and am very interested in pursuing this further!

Hello,
Thank you for reaching out and coming up with this great idea which I believe will for sure positively impact research and its various outcomes around the world. I guess the requirements to set up such an initiative will vary according to the location of implantation. At Mboalab we started a similar project in collaboration with the UK based not for profit company Beneficial bio (https://beneficial.bio/) we’ve been able to set up the very first Biomanufacturing and research unit in Cameroon and started local production, product development and commercialization of reagents including enzymes, Master mixes and various buffers. We could probably provide some answers based on our own experience and also link you to the Beneficial Bio team which is currently welcoming new nodes and collaborators.

1 Like

Oh wow, thats perfect. I wish I had more time on my hands rn to jump right into it. But I think I have to come back at a later time, when life isn’t as busy as it is rn. Can I DM you so we can stay in touch?

It’s ok, you can DM me. jafsiaelisee@gmail.com