Submitting abstract on Fermentation to Media Art Histories 2019

Hi all, still a few days to submit to MAH2019 in Aalborg Denmark. I will talk about my ongoing engagement with Fermentation as a resliant art practice, will draw on Humus sapiens and other symbiotic projects

[RE:SOUND – 8th International Conference on the Histories of Media Art, Science and Technology 2019](

OpenConf Peer Review & Conference Management System

OpenConf Home

Privacy Policy

Email Chair

Submission

Thank you for your submission. Your submission ID number is 103. Please write this number down and include it in any communications with us.

Below is the information submitted. We have also emailed a copy to the submission contact. If you notice any problems or do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact us.

With best regards

Morten Søndergaard, General Chair RESOUND2019

Submission ID: 103

Consent: I consent to the collection and use of my personal information, including receiving emails, for activities related to RE:SOUND – 8th International Conference on the Histories of Media Art, Science and Technology 2019. I have also obtained the consent of all other individuals whose information I provide.

Title: artistic fermentation practices as upcycling of local and temporary abundances

Author 1:
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Degger
Organization: hackteria
Email: brian.degger@gmail.com

Contact Author: Author 1

Alternate Contact: +447456092185

Topic(s): Art and Technology: Methodologies, Practices, Histories

Keywords: fermentation, humus sapiens, sciart, backterias,feve, yeasts, bacterias, botanicals

Abstract: Further thoughts on fermentation as a resilient practice used by artists as upcycling of local and temporary abundances; how artsciart practitioners use aspects of fermentation as metaphor, art and bio-political sustenance.
This presentation draws on the projects initiated by Hackteria(Humus sapiens) Fo.Am(Splinterfields) and the Herbologies as well as a general survey of fermentation practices.
The paper will concentrate on situating fermentation as a metaphor, an art making technique and a transformative practice.

1 Like