Many of you have been in the loop for a long time to participate at Oki Wonder Lab, happening now in Okinawa. We are looking forward to an intense and creative temporary lab “hackteria style”: diverse, experimental, collaborative, locally rooted and globally connected.
@squaresolid @marymaggic @tad ermitano @larrybangbang @shihtung @shihhuisheri @posak1987 @sachiko @paulapin24 @gagebu @citrakirana.eli @agapea @agryfp_hack @zitotw @gaudi @Victoria @sanggeger @Hikinghack @tez
As we have nicely written in our description “In the past, Hackteria has been organising both carefully planned and/or spontaneous activities.”, it’s what we are good at We have continuously adapted to the global pandemic situation, travel restrictions and personal changes of our invited participants. And we want to involve you all now, as good as we can, and as deep as you want.
We are in a unique location on the “isolated” island of Okinawa, an amazing and inspiring place connecting Japan, South-east Asia and the whole World. We have a small group of local collaborators, interesting venues and tools&toys to continue working/geeking/discussing.
We invite you all to continue our desired collaborations from wherever you are stuck, self-isolating, quarantined, wondering, thinking, dreaming. We can offer as much support from our side as needed. Hackteria.org, originally set-up as an online platform for documentation through the wiki, discussions in the global network through this forum, and long term friendships and collaborations can now totally continue with it’s visions of a “global village”.
How can you get involved?
Let’s just start thinking and adding ideas here…
- Make a Sticker!!! …not much else to say on this (t-shirt designs also welcome) @mirandamoss, @larrybangbang
- Prepare, translate and finish some Zines/Booklets to contribute to our local printed library at Sonda Labo. We have already started on this with @agryfp_hack, @paulapin24, @citrakirana.eli and others.
- Co-organize a remote video group call on jitsi with a dedicated topic. This has already been going on for a while… (maybe too many of us already bored of video conf’ing?) @hil2oo, @tiareribeaux, @agryfp_hack
- Help us with documenting / sharing the activities happening locally, editing videos and making cool little movie-docu-snippets. @marymaggic @cfrog
- Work on your own interesting project and involve us remotely to wonder, admire, support and test. @gaudi, @Tomatofunk
- Give us inspiration on preparing the Mobile Labo Van Junior (already started on this forum). How to equip it, how to design it, how to paint it? @paulapin24, @larrybangbang
- Reproduce our kitchenlab experiments at home. Nata de Coco for the World! @mamaya, @agryfp_hack @weiweiweiwear
- Inform and involve us in your other activities, such as “Radio Quarantine” by @Yashas, ArtScience BLR, @Hikinghack … and all the ideas you come up yourself! Add by replying to this topic.
How can we support you?
We do all we can!! (We might be 3 days offline on the remote island of Maejima, 5-7. April, only goats there… no humans, no 5G, no “wobbly matter”) @mirandamoss
Financial support of our participants that had to cancel their trip
YES!! Our financial budget for this event has always been relatively low and relied on loads of contributions, time, motivation by all of you. But still in the situation now, the expenses have been small due to less travel costs, less people for accommodation and food, etc…
So please get in contact with us, if you need support for your contributions remotely. Let us know what and how you want to contribute, if you need materials for some experiments in your own home, printing costs,… you name it. We will then do our best and see what we can do.